Sunday, January 3, 2010

Longest ride in a while

I got 3 hours in on my bike today and then got out to shovel the driveway free of the 1.5 feet of snow.  My legs feel pretty good but I took it easy and spun for most of the time.  I mentioned that I have my training plan being personally designed by a helpful guy.  I wrote back to him about the current plan he has for me and thought it would be good to post some of that here.

I added this past week's workouts and will continue to do so and then send it to you in mid January.  I didn't swim at all this week because the pool was closed but am looking forward to getting back into the water this upcoming week.  On an average week I have been doing 7 workouts (3 runs, 3 bikes, and 1 swim) but I am going to move up to 8 this week or next by adding another swim.  

When I am running I think that I am somewhere between 7:30-8 min/mile but don't know exactly; your "1hr=8mi" is what I tend to rely on.  I try to run on trails and grass as much as I can and usually I record my run time and heart rate as I don't know the exact distance of my loops.  Also, when I'm out on the roads on my bike I usually average 20 mph on most rides but I used your "15 mph" rule when I logged my bike miles on the training plan.  

I'm still up in the air about doing the Tupper Lake HIM and am wondering if a day in Lake Placid on the course would be better.  Ideas?

School starts again tomorrow...snow day, snow day!

No comments:

Post a Comment