Sunday, July 11, 2010

Spectator information

Please check back here before race day because I will post updates, if needed.


The Ironman Lake Placid page has tons of information (more than you need to know) and lots of useful stuff. Specifically, here is the link to the turn-by-turn directions for all of the routes. Here is the map that I made for our motel location, etc.. And here is a list of road closures.

We will be arriving in LP on Wednesday the 21st and will be staying at the Edelweis Motel.  Here is how I see race day unfolding: I will be at the transition area around 5:30 to do last minute checks on my bike and transition bags, then will go to body marking.  I will have my wetsuit on around 6:30 and be down at the beach at Mirror Lake.  The race starts for me at 7am with two swim loops; when I exit the water between the first and second loops I will yell "Bazinga!" so that you will know who I am (everyone copies me and wears the same swim cap and a black wetsuit).  The swim should take me somewhere around 1 hour 15 minutes and then I'll run up the street to the 1980 Olympic speedskating track (the transition area) to grab my bike and hit the roads.  MAP

I'll ride the two loops in around 6 hours (total) and this might be a good time for people to hit downtown LP and check out the sales at the Gap and get a bite to eat.  If people are really into spectating you can see me ride through downtown around 3 hours after I leave.  If you really want to see the "good stuff", you can go to 86 and Northwood Drive and head north a bit to see some of the hill climbing; I think I will be through here about 2.5 hours after I start the bike.  To get here, go past our motel on 86 for about a mile and you will be there. MAP

After the bike (probably 2 or 3 o'clock, but maybe later) I'll start the run which has two loops and two turnarounds- this means that you can see me 4 or 5 times during the run.  The finish is on the speedskating oval and the crowds are crazy (you will all fit right in).  MAP

If I have the energy (and think I will be able to get back up) I will try to "roll the line" in memory of Jon Blaise- a guy who had ALS and finished the Ironman Championship in 2005.

Here is what my game plan for the race will be:

I can't say enough about how much your presence in Lake Placid means to me.  I thank you all a thousand times!

1 comment:



  1. God bless Dr.PETER for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed of HIV since 2015 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the HIV out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for HIV i saw a comment about ayokospellcaster@gmail.com, how he cured HIV with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine through UPS SPEED POST. I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 5days later i was cured from HIV, Dr.PETER truly you are great, do you need his help also? Why don't you contact him through you can also reach him on phone:+2348132537313 or wasthups hem On that very number ( ayokospellcaster@gmail.com
    whatsup :+2348132537313
    DOCTOR PETER, CAN AS WELL CURE THE FOLLOWING DISEASE:-

    1. HIV/AIDS
    2. HERPES
    3. CANCER
    4. ALS

    ReplyDelete