Saturday, July 17, 2010

Lists

Why lists? When entering the transition zone from the swim, you are handed your bag of gear for the bike. Then halfway through the ride you can take your "special needs" bag (if you want to).  After the ride is over, and you are back in transition, you get your run bag and halfway through the run, the run special needs bag. You have to pack all of these bags with your stuff and I don't want to forget anything, so hopefully people will comment on what I missed (plus I will have my lists here for posterity's sake).

START
Gatorade bottle (x2- one for morning, one for bike)
Bottle of Ensure (3 bottles for bike)
PowerBar
Gel
Tums
Salt tablets
goggles
wetsuit
earplugs
HR strap
HR watch
TIMING CHIP!!!
tri shorts
cycling shorts (I'm wearing two pairs of shorts on the swim so that I will be comfy on the bike)
swim cap
body glide
albuterol
tire pump
ribbon
Check this in AM: bike tires inflated, bottles on bike, computer reset and working, tires spin, bike bag has helmet and shoes, run bag has shoes.

BIKE BAG
helmet
shoes
socks
sunglasses
race belt
arm warmers
ALS bracelet
number
salt pills 14
phone
albuterol
bag to put shoes in if it rains

BIKE SPECIAL NEEDS BAG
tube
CO2
2 Powerbars
4 gels
bottle of ensure
salt pills 6

RUN BAG
shoes
visor
salt pills 12
"Take off your shorts!" note (to remember to take off my cycling shorts)
calf guards
wet wipes
spare sunglasses
wrist sweatband
Ensure

RUN SPECIAL NEEDS
Ensure
duct tape
bandaids
Salt 6
socks
wetwipes
superglue
sweatband

AFTER THE RACE
t-shirt
boxers
shorts
crocs
sweatshirt

What did I miss?

3 comments:

  1. Here's a few tips for you...

    Put a ribbon on your bike and run bag. You have to tie them and they get piled up in transition and the volunteers are busy trying to find everyones bag. Sometimes its just easier to get your own.

    Make sure you put body glide on your arms and calves and feet as well as your neck. Helps get the wetsuit off and keeps you from getting blisters in your bike and run shoes.

    I dont know what you using to hold your salt pills but I would put one in your bike and one in your run. I use empty M&M mini containers. I dropped mine on the bike last year at Florida and cramped much of the run.

    If you can, use a different pair of sunglasses for the bike and run. They get pretty nasty on the bike and become useless on the run. Unless your not planning on wearing any and just using the visor.

    Another thing to consider is wrist bands for the run. They work well to wipe sweat and not get it in your eyes.

    See ya soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list - It reminded me of a few things I forgot to put on mine. Thanks!

    Also: sunscreen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Maria, and I'm glad you like the beard picture! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete